Luther Park Camping and Retreat Center is celebrating their 60th anniversary this year. Nativity Lutheran Church has been a member congregation for over 30 years. In addition to Luther Park being a summer camp, it is also a year-round Retreat Center hosting families, adults, confirmation groups, and work gatherings.
Each year 30 kids from Nativity go to camp, 35 kids attend the Luther Day Camp and both youth and adults from Nativity participate in retreats at Luther Park.
Due to the generosity of our Nativity Community, on May 6 we presented Luther Park with a check for $1000.
During the month of May, Nativity’s Lutheran Partnership Community Outreach Team will provide opportunities to learn about and participate with the ELCA, Luther Park, Lutheran Social Service of Minnesota and LSS Circle, and Lutheran College Scholarships.
The team’s purpose is to coordinate Nativity’s engagement with our Lutheran partners, to heighten awareness and increase communication with the congregation, and to create opportunities for participation with these important partners.
You are invited to the following opportunities to learn more and become involved:
- May 5-6: Luther Park Camping and Retreat Center will have an information table set up in the Commons.
- May 12-13: LSS will have an information table in the Commons and LSS Circle will be tying quilts between services on Sunday.
- May 15: LSS LUNCHEON TO SUPPORT METRO HOMELESS YOUTH, please see details in News to Note.
- May 19-20: Bishop Ann Svennugnsen will be preaching at all services, and an ELCA information table will be set up in the Commons.
- May 20: Popular Topics Sunday Forum: The Value and Affordability of a Lutheran College education.