LOVE COURAGEOUSLY, LIVE GENEROUSLY… now and in the future.
For the past 60+ years Nativity Lutheran Church has shared the love of Jesus Christ through worship, faith formation, and service here, near and afar.
Careful estate planning is Christian stewardship in action. When we plan for the future, we can pass on our legacy of faith to our grandchildren, future generations and ensure the future of the ministries of Nativity Lutheran Church.
You can intentionally express your values through our Legacy Giving program. Nativity uses all gifts according to each donor’s documented wishes and intentions.
YOU NEED A PLAN
People who die without a will or a plan leave their estate to be divided according to the laws in the state where they live—laws that don’t necessarily align with your own values or priorities. But with your estate and charitable plans in place, you…
- extend your love, care, generosity and gratitude to family, loved ones and the ministries you care about
- ensure that your wishes are carried out in the future for your family and charitable beneficiaries
- may protect some of your assets and even increase your income while supporting ministry
- may enjoy beneficial tax deductions because of the charitable gifts made through your will or estate plans, and
- make it possible for this ministry to walk alongside future generations of the family and neighbors you love.
Since estate laws differ from state to state, and change from time to time, it is very important that you seek competent legal counsel before finalizing your estate plan.
- Establish or update your will or trust. Seek the advice of qualified counsel, and consider including your charitable intent for Nativity Lutheran Church and/or it’s Endowment Fund in your plan.
- Review and update your asset beneficiaries. Ensure they are directed according to your plans, and consider including Nativity Lutheran Church and/or its Endowment Fund among your beneficiaries.
- Let us know if you have already remembered the Nativity Lutheran Church Endowment Fund in your plans. We would like to say “thank you” and ensure that your gift will be used according to your intent.
Remembering the Nativity Lutheran Church in your will or on a beneficiary form is simple. The official legal language to use is:
“I give, devise and bequeath to Nativity Lutheran Church or its Endowment Fund, located at 3312 Silver Lake Rd., St. Anthony, MN 55418 (EIN #41-0903528), _________% of my estate (or a specific amount) for its unrestricted use and purpose.”
WAYS TO GIVE
There are three ways to make legacy gifts to Nativity:
Give Later: retain control of your assets during your life, and gift the asset upon your death
Give Now: make gifts during your lifetime, and we will make distributions now and beyond your life
Give & Receive: make a gift and receive income during your life; after your death, the remainder goes to the Fund.
For more information, please contact:
Pastor Glenn Seefeldt
(612) 781-2766 ext. 1009