What are the expectations of Confirmation?
PLEASE NOTE: Confirmation is NOT an expectation of membership at Nativity. A youth doesn’t have to participate in the process if they are unwilling and/or unable. This is not a “have to” but a “get to”.
Confirmands are able to miss 3 of the 12 Wednesday evenings throughout the year, and are encouraged to attend their annual retreat to Luther Park in Danbury, WI. If a confirmand does miss more than 3 Wednesday evenings during the year, they will be expected to go through a missed lesson at home with a parent/guardian.
Confirmands are expected to complete 10 Service Experiences and 10 Growth Experiences throughout the program year.
- Service Experiences can be acquired by volunteering within or outside the Nativity community (so long as they are deemed appropriate and do not satisfy expectations of another organization). Service opportunities will be made known to confirmands on a regular basis. After the Service Experience, confirmands should fill out a Service/Growth Experience Form, available on Wednesday evenings and at the Welcome Desk. Turn these forms into Renee Hoffman personally or her box in the church office.
- Growth Experiences can be acquired in two ways:
1) Participation in a Nativity Growth Opportunity and filling out a Service/Growth Experience Form.
2) Participation in worship and the completion of a Worship Experience Form; available at the Ushers’ Tables at the Sanctuary entrances. Turn these forms into Renee Hoffman personally or her box in the church office.
- NOTE: Service and Growth Experience reports can also be submitted electronically to Renee Hoffman at Renee@NativityChurch.org with “Service Experience” or “Growth Experience” in the subject line.
PLEASE NOTE: All yearly Service and Growth Experience expectations will be satisfied when a confirmand participates in one of Nativity’s summer Youth Service and Learning Trips.
Thank you, and if you have any questions regarding Confirmation at Nativity, please don’t hesitate to reach out.
Peace & Blessings,
Renee Hoffman, Director of Children, Youth, and Families