Fall Family Faith Formation – Nov 12
Join us each week this Fall as a family to celebrate God wonderful promises for us!
Pick from watching our Welcome Videos, Worship Together, Reading the Bible, Talk About It, Family Activities, Pray Together and Bless Each Other – or do them all!
Enjoy a blast from the blast with Ms Leah’s great lesson about what is a prophet!
Share in some faith practices of worship together!
Shine a Light: Light a candle saying, “Jesus is the light of the world.”
Sing or Say Together: This Little Light of Mine or Jesus Loves Me together.
- Make an Offering: How can you give an offering today? It could be time, talent, or treasure!
- Lord’s Prayer: In Grades 1-4 Faith Formation, we practice praying as Jesus taught us.
Read the Bible Together
Read this week’s God’s Great Story in the children’s Bible for your child’s age.
Hosea 14:1-9 (Hosea 14:5 for younger learners)
Spark Story Bible A Ruler from Bethlehem
Talk About It!
Have fun asking question for all your family members!
Talk About It: There are 4 major prophets and 12 minor prophets in our Bible. Their designation as “major” or “minor” doesn’t have to do with their importance, but rather the length of the books associated with them. Isaiah and Daniel are major prophets, while Hosea and Micah are minor prophets. Prophets receive messages from God, and then they share those messages with others. Their language isn’t always easy to understand. What do you do when you have trouble understanding something? Who can help?
Dig Deeper: Do prophets only tell us good things, or things that we want to hear? Why or why not? Why is it important to not only hear about good, fun, or entertaining things?
Family Activity Choices
Pick activities to do together with supplies you have around your house!
Activity 1: Dew Forming Science Experiment Dew is a source of refreshment and revitalization for plants, especially during hot summers. In the Bible, dew symbolizes refreshment, nourishment, healing and blessing for God’s people. How does it form? Water vapor condenses into droplets of water when the temperature drops (or when it comes in contact with a cooler surface).
- Fill one glass with room temperature water. Fill a second glass with ice and top off with room temperature water.
- Observe the outer surfaces of the glass after 15-20 minutes.
- Alternatively, you can point out the condensation on the cool mirror or window when you take a hot bath or shower.
Activity 2: Hosea Bible Scavenger Hunt (for older learners)
- What book comes before Hosea?
- What book comes after Hosea?
- How many chapters does Hosea have?
- What is Hosea’s wife’s name?
- How many children does Hosea have?
- What does Hosea compare Israel to in Hosea 11?
- In Hosea 14:5, what does God say he will be like?
Tefillat Tal (Jewish prayer for the blessing of dew)
May dew fall upon the blessed land.
Fill us with heaven’s finest blessings.
May a light come out of the darkness to draw Israel
to you as a root finds water from dew.
May you bless our food with dew.
May we enjoy plenty with nothing lacking.
Grant the wish of the people – that followed you
through the desert like sheep – with dew.
You are Adonai our God,
who causes the wind to blow and the dew to fall,
For blessing and not for curse.
For life and not for death.
For plenty and not for lack.
Bless Each Other
At the end of your time, give each other a special blessing to remember one of God’s promises.
Make a “light” with your finger and say “Thanks for letting your light shine!”