Fall Family Faith Formation – Oct 29
Join us each week this Fall as a family to celebrate God wonderful promises for us!
Pick from watching our Welcome Videos, Worship Together, Reading the Bible, Talk About It, Family Activities, Pray Together and Bless Each Other – or do them all!
Enjoy our annual Reformation Sunday Video!
Share in some faith practices of worship together!
Shine a Light: Light a candle saying, “Jesus is the light of the world.”
Sing or Say Together: Sing Happy Birthday to the church!
- Make an Offering: How can you give an offering today? It could be time, talent, or treasure!
- Lord’s Prayer: In Grades 1-4 Faith Formation, we practice praying as Jesus taught us.
Read the Bible Together
Read this week’s God’s Great Story in the children’s Bible for your child’s age.
Our story today is about Martin Luther! Have fun with the story below!
Talk About It!
Have fun asking question for all your family members!
- Martin Luther went to school to be a lawyer – roll towel like a scroll
- One day he got caught in a thunderstorm – shake towel
- He promised to serve God if He saved him – hide under towel
- So he went to school to be monk – wrap towel around you like a robe
- While studying, he was shocked to read God’s love is free in the Bible, because the church was saying you had to buy it – throw towel down and say “WHAT?”
- So he started teaching this – lay towel out like a desk
- Then he nailed the 95 Thesis to the Wittenberg Castle door to say what was wrong with the church – hold towel up to a wall and pretend to hammer it
- He got in big trouble and had to hide in a castle – hide under towel again
- Then he stood trial in the city of Worms, Germany – sit on towel
- He refused to take it back and famously said “Here I stand!” – stand on towel
- So he was kicked out of the church – kick your towel
- He kept teaching anyway and translated the Bible into the common language – layout towel and pretend to write
- People “reformed” how the saw God’s love – make towel into a heart
- This started the Lutheran Church – hold towel over you like a church
- So today we can sing “Jesus loves me this I know, for the Bible tells me so” – snuggle in blanket and sing
Dig Deeper: To Learn more about Martin Luther, watch this fun video or kids telling his story!
Family Activity Choices
Pick activities to do together with supplies you have around your house!
“Dear God, thank you that your love is free. Help me to share that with others. Amen.”
Bless Each Other
At the end of your time, give each other a special blessing to remember one of God’s promises.
Pretend to hammer on each other’s back (gently) and say “God’s love is free!”