Fall Family Faith Formation – Nov 5
Join us each week this Fall as a family to celebrate God wonderful promises for us!
Pick from watching our Welcome Videos, Worship Together, Reading the Bible, Talk About It, Family Activities, Pray Together and Bless Each Other – or do them all!
Enjoy our annual All Saints Day Video!
Share in some faith practices of worship together!
Shine a Light: Light a candle saying, “Jesus is the light of the world.”
Sing or Say Together: When the Saints Go Marching In
- Make an Offering: How can you give an offering today? It could be time, talent, or treasure!
- Lord’s Prayer: In Grades 1-4 Faith Formation, we practice praying as Jesus taught us.
Read the Bible Together
Read this week’s God’s Great Story in the children’s Bible for your child’s age.
Spark Story Bible God’s House or Frolic Book I Can Help
Talk About It!
Have fun asking question for all your family members!
Did you celebrate Halloween? Did you wear a costume? Did you light a bonfire or a candle? Did you eat apples? Halloween is a combination of Celtic, Ancient Roman, and Christian traditions that we celebrate on October 31.
- Did you celebrate All Saints Day? It’s ok if you didn’t, we can celebrate today. Do you know what All Saints Day is? It’s a day in the church, on or around November 1, when we remember and honor people who have died. At Nativity, we light candles to remember our loved ones who have died.
- How do you feel knowing that there is a place in God’s house for you?
- What do you imagine your room in Heaven will look like?
Digging Deeper (great topics for Upper Elementary): How does the life cycle of a deciduous tree compare to our lives on earth and our lives with God? How does planting bulbs (like tulips) symbolize life and death?
Family Activity Choices
Pick activities to do together with supplies you have around your house!
Activity 1: Leaf Appreciation Go for a walk or just out to your yard looking for fall leaves. Save the ones that catch your attention. Show someone and tell them why you chose those leaves. None is perfect, but each is special and unique, just like people.
Activity 2: Light Candles Light candles for some important people in your life. You can choose to celebrate those who have died or those who are still living. Say, “God, thank you for_____.” Share a memory about someone you love who has died. For example, my Uncle Randy took me to the Farmers Market in Madison, WI to sell butterfly plants with him.
“Dear God, thank you for all the saints. We pray for all of them today, trusting that your love is big enough for all of us. Amen.“
Bless Each Other
At the end of your time, give each other a special blessing to remember one of God’s promises.
Make a “light” with your finger and say “Thanks for letting your light shine!”