May 30 & 31 – Pentecost
- This Little Light of Mine: If you are able, light a candle to remind yourselves that Jesus is the light of the world. Jesus is with you, and Jesus is in you. Let your light shine!
- Offering: How can you make an offering today?
- Thank You, God: Name three things you are thankful for today.
- Lord’s Prayer
- Have you ever felt the presence of the Holy Spirit? Can you think of time when the Holy Spirit was at work in your life? Sometimes, I have a plan for a lesson, but the Holy Spirit pushes me in a different direction! Often, the presence of the Holy Spirit is not as obvious to us as it was on that Pentecost day.
Read the Bible:
- Locate Acts 2:1-4 and read together.
Pentecost Prayer (By John Birch):
- The Spirit came
and your Church was born,
in wind and fire
and words of power.
The Spirit came
blowing fear aside,
and in its place
weak hearts were stronger.
- Ribbon Ring: Using a canning jar lid, a shower curtain ring or even a cut-off toilet paper tube, tie ribbons and pray for people as you add ribbons to your ribbon ring. Say something like, “May the Holy Spirit be with you.”
- Tongue of Fire: Using scissors, construction paper or white paper with paint, crayons, or markers, make a flame. Hold it above your head and your family members’ heads and say, “The Holy Spirit is upon you.”