During the Vital Aging weekend, people over 60 had an opportunity to respond to statements about the aging process. If they agreed with the statement, they placed a post it note next to the statement.
- People over 60 are happier than those in middle age. Is this true for you?
- People over 60 tend to be closer to God than any other age group. Is this true for you?
- Do you feel you deal with hardship/disappointments because you have been there before?
- Are you more comfortable being yourself because you no longer have to prove yourself to others?
- Do you have more time for family and friends?
- Do you have time to pursue a dream or a passion that you have put on hold?
- People over 60 volunteer at a higher rate than any other age group. Is this true for you?
- Elders have confronted their flaws and learned to forgive others. Do you feel you have more emotional stability than in the past?
- As you look at your life, do you have a sense of accomplishment
The statement that had the most responses was #3. Second place went to #2 and #7. And in last place was #6. How would you respond to these statements? Several good conversations emerged from this process.