Advent Family Faith Formation – Dec 3
Join us each week this Fall as a family to celebrate God wonderful promises for us!
Pick from watching our Welcome Videos, Worship Together, Reading the Bible, Talk About It, Family Activities, Pray Together and Bless Each Other – or do them all!
Enjoy a blast from the blast with Ms Renee and an adorable special guest!
**Note – Advent Wreath supplies are available at church instead of delivery**
Share in some faith practices of worship together!
Shine a Light: Light the first candle on your Advent Wreath for hope, say “be a light of hope.”
Sing or Say Together: Advent Song
Advent is a time to wait, not quite time to celebrate
Light the candles one by one, till the Advent time is done
Help us in our work and play, to prepare for Christmas Day
- Make an Offering: How can you share an offering this week? The Faith Formation classes are donating to ELCA Good Gifts. Anyone can give at goodgifts.elca.org to help someone in need receive clean water, a fruit tree, a farm animal, school supplies, etc.
Read the Bible Together
Read this week’s God’s Great Story in the children’s Bible for your child’s age.
Jeremiah 33:14-16 / Advent Story Bingo
Talk About It!
Have fun asking question for all your family members!
Christmas season is finally here!! What are some of your favorite traditions?
Here are some of Nativity’s. Print off some bingo cards and play along!
- Nativity Lutheran Church – Our church is named this because it reminds us how God’s love was birthed in Jesus just like His love is “birthed” in our hearts.
- ELCA Good Gifts – Our Nov & Dec Children’s Offerings are going to help people on farms.
- Advent Wreath – We light a candle in our homes to remind us to be the light of hope, peace, joy, and love. This year we are having a decorating contest!
- Hope Candle – Reminds us that God keeps His promises, we can put our hope in Him!
- Mary – She was filled with Hope when the angel told her she would have a son.
- Nativity Set – Our long tradition of 4 year olds making these!
- Peace Candle – Reminds us that God bring true peace.
- Joseph – The angel helped him find peace with God’s plan.
- Christmas Hang Ups – Our Children’s Christmas Musical this year!
- Joy Candle – Reminds us God’s Good News brings joy to our lives.
- Shepherds – They were filled with joy when the angels told that Jesus was born!
- Love Candle – Reminds us that God is love.
- Donkey – He carried Mary all the way to Bethlehem. Helping others with their burdens is a great act of love.
- Christmas – Is Jesus’ birthday! Joy to the world!
- Baby Jesus – He came to show us all how to share hope, peace, joy and love.
- Star – Appeared the night Jesus was born and led the Wisemen.
Dig Deeper: This week’s Advent Candle is for “hope”. Share some stories from the past year that give you hope.
Family Activity Choices
Pick activities to do together with supplies you have around your house!
Activity 1: Make a Countdown to Christmas Calendar! Print off the calendar here. Each day, color in the picture and talk about how it represents Nativity’s Advent Theme “Light Dawns on a Weary World.” Each picture shows how light is a blessing.
“Dear God, thank you for the season of Advent. Help us to feel hope, peace, joy and love as we get ready to celebrate Jesus’ birth at Christmas.”
Bless Each Other
At the end of your time, give each other a special blessing to remember one of God’s promises.
Lighting your Advent Wreath is your blessing!