Fall Family Faith Formation – Oct 31
Join us each week as a family to celebrate the fun of fall with some of the BIG stories of the Bible!
Pick from watching our Welcome Videos, Worship Together, Reading the Bible, Talk About It, Family Activities, Pray Together and Bless Each Other – or do them all!
Start with a Welcome Video from Miss Renee
Share in some faith practices of worship together!
Shine a Light: Turn on a lamp or flick on a light switch and say “Let there be light! And God said it was good!”
Sing Together: Sing Happy Birthday to the church!
Make an Offering: How can you be an offering this week?
Talk About It!
- Martin Luther went to school to be a lawyer – roll towel like a scroll
- One day he got caught in a thunderstorm – shake towel
- He promised to serve God if He saved him – hide under towel
- So he went to school to be monk – wrap towel around you like a robe
- While studying, he was shocked to read God’s love is free in the Bible, because the church was saying you had to buy it – throw towel down and say “WHAT?”
- So he started teaching this – lay towel out like a desk
- Then he nailed the 95 Thesis to the Wittenberg Castle door to say what was wrong with the church – hold towel up to a wall and pretend to hammer it
- He got in big trouble and had to hide in a castle – hide under towel again
- Then he stood trial in the city of Worms, Germany – sit on towel
- He refused to take it back and famously said “Here I stand!” – stand on towel
- So he was kicked out of the church – kick your towel
- He kept teaching anyway and translated the Bible into the common language – layout towel and pretend to write
- People “reformed” how the saw God’s love – make towel into a heart
- This started the Lutheran Church – hold towel over you like a church
- So today we can sing “Jesus loves me this I know, for the Bible tells me so” – snuggle in blanket and sing
Dig Deeper: Today’s Bible story is about Solomon building the temple. A temple is like a church, a place to gather to meet God. If you could build a church, what would it be like? What would you add to help people know about God’s love.
To Learn more about Martin Luther, watch this fun video or kids telling his story!
Family Activity Choices
Pick activities to do together! Supplies are provided in our Monthly At-Home Kits you picked up at our drive thru events or ask to have delivered to your home.
“Dear God, thank you that your love is free. Help me to share that with others. Amen.”
Bless Each Other
At the end of your time, give each other a special blessing to remember one of God’s promises.
Pretend to hammer on each other’s back (gently) and say “God’s love is free!”