Each week you will find resources to help create inspiration for doing social justice and advocacy at home.
Come see our new FACEBOOK GROUP and see other creative ways to connect with each other!
Children, Youth & Families
During this time where we find ourselves at home and unable to go places, how do we continue to do good within our communities and help each other? This series in Caring for Creation will bring suggestions and other resources to keep learning and helping from home.
This week Theme: CARING FOR GOD’S CREATION
God is the creator and sustainer of the world and everything in it. It is our job to care for the world he has created for us. This week we will learn some ways to do this from home!
Scripture: Use your Spark Bible, Adventure Bible, or regular Bible to look up these stories (if you do not have a bible, please reach out to Kelly@nativitychurch.org and we will send you one.
Spark Bible- Creation Story
Adventure Bible or Regular Bible- Colossians 1
Questions to ask after reading:
What does the Bible say about Caring for God’s Creation?
What is happening in our community today?
How can we put love into action?
Advocacy @ Home – Week 1
Here are different ways for you to try and Care for Creation this week at home!
5 ACTS OF KINDNESS @ HOME FOR YOUR CHILDREN
- A colorful and bright “I love you” note (just like they would make for you) tucked somewhere they will find it.
- A special surprise parent-child/youth “date”.Come up with something extra special to do at home.
- Plan an activity so that your little one can make a big mess – without your accompanying frustration at having to clean it up.
- Create something for your child/youth (a book, a shirt, a cape).
- Write your child a letter and put it in the mail
5 ACTS OF KINDNESS FOR YOUR PARENTS
- Create something special (art, a poem, etc.)
- Help with a chore that they normally do.
- Ask your parent(s) to tell a favorite story.
- Draw a picture.
- Try to say “I love you” 20 times during the day!
ACTS OF KINDNESS FOR YOUR COMMUNITY
- Leave a note in your mailbox for the postal worker and say thank you.
- Call a family member to say hello.
- Send some pizza’s to a clinic for the workers.
- Make a poster telling people they are loved and hang it in your front window.
Today you are going to do “popcorn prayers.”
Have you ever listened to popcorn popping? Each kernel just pops when it is ready. That’s how you’re going to pray today. Think of one thing for which you are grateful. When you begin to pray together with your family, one person will say one thing that they are grateful for. Then, whenever you feel like it, say your one thing for which you are grateful. If you think of another thing, you may say it. What if two people pray at the same time??? It’s OKAY! That’s how popcorn works. Sometimes two or three kernels pop at the same time. Guess what? God can hear us no matter how many people are praying!!!
BEGIN WITH: Dear God, we give you thanks for lots of things… AMEN (when you are done)