This ministry provides an opportunity to use your gifts to create a more enjoyable worship experience at Nativity.
For more information on how to assist with worship, contact: Heather Anderson, Event Coordinator-Youth – 612-781-2766, ext. 1004
For Music Ministry opportunities, contact David Livingston, Director of Music Ministry – or 651-785-4513.
Behind every great Pastor is a team of people. Members, guests, and visitors come to Nativity for community, fellowship, inspiration, and to hear the Word of God. Our Pastors lead the service, deliver the Word and Sacrament, and lead us in faith forming conversations. They do so with the support of others. Consider joining a team that will actively support Nativity while creating a warm and welcoming worship experience.
- Greeters Are the first to welcome guests, visitors, and members as they come to worship and help them know our community and building. You may be partnered with another to deepen your experience and feel that you have made an impact on others. Your commitment would be 4-6 times per year on your schedule.
- Ushers Have a vital role in the worship experience. It starts with greeting people with a friendly smile. Handing out bulletins and any other worship aids needed by the worshipers. Assisting people in finding a place to sit. Distributing collection (offering) plates. Assisting with communion, when it is part of the service. Cleanup the sanctuary after the service. You will work with a team of peers and feel like you have contributed. Your time commitment would be once a month.
- Communion servers Serve communion during worship times. In the act of sharing the Lord’s Supper, you have a unique opportunity to share the love and grace of Christ. You will be paired with another person to provide either bread or wine. You will have the satisfaction of knowing that you passed on the Love and Grace of Christ to the community. The commitment is on your schedule.
- Welcome Desk The common space can be a busy and active environment. Lots of guests and visitors are present on Sunday mornings and at other events. Have a warm and friendly face at the Welcome Desk is a wonderful way to use your talents and gifts. It will leave you with a feeling that you have helped others with questions and know that you made a difference. This is a once a month commitment or at special events. If you would like to know more, please contact Heather@nativitychurch.org or 612-781-2766 ext
Adult Music Ministry
Adult Choral Ensembles – Be Vocal! Be Courageous! Be Present!
Wednesday evening is “choirs night”!
- Voices of Women (see volunteer opportunities below)
- Nativity Choir (see volunteer opportunities below)
- Voices of Men (see volunteer opportunities below)
Instrumental Ensembles – Be Instruments of Peace!
Thursday evening is for instrumental rehearsals.
- ClariNetwork (see volunteer opportunities below)
- Global Folk (see volunteer opportunities below)
- Chamber Music
Classical musicians playing from the renaissance, Baroque, Classical, Romantic, and Contemporary periods.
- Nativity Jazz (see volunteer opportunities below)
- Adult Hand Bells
Bells add beauty to worship. Some knowledge of reading music is helpful. Rehearsals Monday nights, 7:15 p.m. Contact Karla Reiland with questions.