CARE FOR CREATION
This team recognizes and responds to the need for responsible interaction within our environment. The team will promote local
initiatives and actions that create and maintain conditions leading to long term environmental quality. These efforts demonstrate
our Biblical call to “Care for Creation” and live sustainably.
COMMUNITY GARDENS AND DESIGNING AND IMPLEMENTING PLAN FOR FRONT OF NATIVITY
- To create, implement and sustain gardens and landscaping at Nativity Lutheran Church.
- Utilize gardens in support of local food shelves
- Utilize gardens to support pollinators and native species of birds and insects
VISION STATEMENT: LANDSCAPING AND GARDENING AT NATIVITY LUTHERAN CHURCH
Landscaping and gardening creates experiences that are welcoming, safe, and easily accessible for everyone; where nature spills into the streets and parking lots creating a lovely backdrop for people to celebrate, gather, linger, play, laugh and sit while enjoying nature in each season with inspiring and interactive lighting and artistic features in spaces that reflect a dynamic presence that stewards God’s creation and embodies our commitment to LOVE COURAGEOUSLY.
The energy efficiency group was created to become better stewards of God’s great earth along with being responsible stewards of our congregation’s funds.
The group will:
- Identify members of the Nativity Community who have interest or are working on different environmental challenges and help these individuals and groups work together to improve our environment.
- Convert Nativity Lutheran Church to LED lighting upgrade (completed March 2018)
- Research use of Solar energy for 10-20% of Nativity’s energy needs in 2019.
- Be informed when Nativity makes a purchase that involves efficiency or environmentalism, they will help with decision making and researching applicable rebates.