Youth Activities for middle and high school.
“You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your might. Keep these words that I am commanding you today in your heart. Recite them to your children and talk about them when you are at home and when you are away, when you lie down and when you rise.”
July 2020 date TBD. Summer Stretch is an incredible experience for those entering grades 6-9 to perform community service projects in the morning and have fun in the afternoon. We will be stretched to meet Christ in many ways, through making new friends and helping the community, all while having a lot of fun! We gather at Nativity at 8:45 a.m. and return by 4:30 p.m. concluding with a trip to Valley Fair. Contact Heather Anderson with questions.
Summer Service and Learning Youth Trips
On a Service & Learning Trip, we serve and we learn. We come into a community to serve with our brothers and sisters in that community; not to do something new, but to participate in the beautiful and unique ministries that are already happening there. We come into a community to learn from our brothers and sisters in that community; to learn about history, cultures, and context and to engage in relationship building. On these trips, we are proud to partner with Serve Boldly; a young and growing church youth trip non-profit with roots in the ELCA. Check out their website: serveboldly.net
2020 Service & Learning Trip Destinations:
- Middle School – Milwaukee – June 6-12 – Trip Lead Pastor Ben
- High School – Philadelphia – June 19-27 – Trip Lead Heather Anderson
- $100 deposit is due upon registration
- Total cost for Service & Learning Trip participants:
- $300 if they fully participate in fundraisers
- $650 if they don’t participate
- Scholarships available if needed; please indicate in the registration
Wilderness Backpacking Trip
Students and adults will learn about God while experiencing God’s loving community. Join Pastor Glenn and others as you exploring God’s creation while hiking, fishing, communal cooking and experience a technology Sabbath.
- Who: Youth – Adult (youth must have completed 8th grade)
- Where: Hells Roaring Basin 15 miles SW of Red Lodge, MT
- When: August 2-9, 2020
- Level of Difficulty: Beginner to intermediate
- Cost All Inclusive: $325 (Scholarships available if needed; please indicate in registration)
- Leaders: Pastor Glenn & Heather Anderson
Peer Ministry Leadership 7th -12th grade
Our group meets on the third Sunday of each month from 12-2 PM in Fellowship Hall, where we connect, play a game or two, have a Bible study, learn and practice skills to help us create beloved community and care for each other. Each of these meetings also includes lunch. Life is crazy busy for some of us – this is not intended to add another item on your to-do list, but rather to give you an opportunity to be a part of the community in a new way. Come when you can, no pressure here!
Sounds fun! How can I find out more? Simple, email Heather@nativitychurch.org. She’ll get you set up!
For more information contact Heather Anderson.