Welcome to Club 56!
Club 56 is Faith Formation for 5th and 6th graders. New kids and visitors are welcome any time!
“What does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?” Micah 6:8 NRS
What to expect:
Club 56 has two meeting times, you may choose which ever suits your family’s calendar best.
- Sundays from 10:45 – 11:45am beginning Sept. 24
- Wednesdays from 6:00-7:00pm beginning Sept. 27
Our Club 56 time together will usually look like this:
- first 1/2 hour: Small Group Discussion, Activity or Goofy Game led by Kyle Soderberg, Youth Minister
- last 1/2 hour: Lesson led by Tori Setterholm, Faith Formation Grades 1-6
This year our theme is “Who is Jesus?” and we will be reading the Manga Messiah, which combines Matthew, Mark, Luke and John into graphic novel form.
Coming up in 2017-18:
- “Hoop Heroes” basketball challenge on Sun. Oct. 15 as we shoot as many hoops as possible to raise money for the Shelter School in Chaklabazaar Village, NW Bangladesh
- The Jesus Lunch (with food available in the Holy Land during Jesus’ lifetime)
- The “Last Supper” Photo Shoot (when we re-create Leonardo da Vinci’s famous painting with costumes and props)
- Assembling Cathedral models as we think about worship space
- Two family potlucks with Families of Faith learning time (one will have a Chocolate Challenge, the other a Cheese Challenge!)
There is a $15 suggested donation (materials fee).
Questions about Club 56? Email or phone Tori Setterholm at 612-781-2766 ex. 1013.
“Music Mix” for students in Grades 3-6 practices Wednesday evenings from 7:00 – 8:00 pm. Kids participate in worship one Sunday a month and in Christmas and spring musicals during the school year. Led by Karla Reiland.
Families of Faith: “Discover Communion”
“Discover Communion” is a series of classes that explore how Jesus changed the Passover meal, or Last Supper, to give us Holy Communion. Drama, games, matzo baking and crafts culminate in a Seder Meal for Christians, followed by a communion celebration on Maundy Thursday. This class meets the three Sundays before Easter, the Seder Meal and Maundy Thursday take place the Wednesday and Thursday before Easter, in the spring. For kids grades 2-5 and their families. Led by Tori Setterholm.
Kyle writes, “My wife and I love spending time with our 3 rescued cats. We also enjoy hiking and spending time with our families. I’m currently in seminary. I love working with youth, contemplative prayer and athletics.”
Club 56 Information and forms:
Welcome to Club 56 2017 This form contains important information for Tori – like which time your student plans to attend Club 56, how your family would like to support Club 56 activities, etc. (Go here after you’ve completed the General Sign-up Form)