May 2 & 3 – 4th Sunday of Easter
- This Little Light of Mine: If you are able, light a candle to remind yourselves that Jesus is the light of the world. Jesus is with you, and Jesus is in you. Let your light shine!
- Offering: How can you make an offering today?
- Thank You, God: Name three things you are thankful for today.
- Lord’s Prayer
Do you ever write letters? Have you ever gotten a letter (or card) in the mail? How did it make you feel to receive a letter? Whom would you like to get a letter from? Whom could you write a letter to? Paul, a follower of Jesus, wrote a lot of letters. In his letters, he gave advice and encouragement to people who were beginning to form the first churches. Today we read part of Paul’s letters to the people in Thessalonica.
Read the Bible
Locate 1 Thessalonians 5:12-18 and read together.
Enjoy the sweet, old-school video game graphics in this music video by The Rizers.
Dear God, help us to be a church, a caring community where nobody pays back wrong for wrong. Help us strive to do what is good. In these difficult times, help us rejoice in your promises, pray for one another and give thanks for all your blessings. Amen.
- Write an encouraging message with chalk on a driveway or sidewalk.
- Send a letter to a family member or friend whom you have not seen in a while.
- Send a letter to a resident at the Good Samaritan Society. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com for details. You can also visit https://www.nativitychurch.org/advocacy-at-home-simple-acts-of-kindness-april-11-12/learn-and-grow/ and scroll down to the Elder Letter Writing project.