May 16 & 17 – 6th Sunday of Easter
- If you are able, light a candle to remind yourselves that Jesus is the light of the world. Jesus is with you, and Jesus is in you. Let your light shine!
- Offering: How can you make an offering today?
- Thank You, God: Name three things you are thankful for today. In today’s video, we sang about love, but you can sing about anything you are grateful for!
- Lord’s Prayer
Today, we continue reading Paul’s letters. This is a very famous passage in 1 Corinthians about love. What do you think of when you think about love? What images come to mind? Although this Bible passage is often read at weddings, it is not about romantic love. It is about how God loves us and how God wants us to love each other: selflessly, benevolently, generously. The Greeks call this type of love agape (uh-GAH-peh).
Read the Bible
- Locate 1 Corinthians 13:1-13 and read together. Try saying “selfless love” instead of just “love.”
Dear God, through your son Jesus, you have shown us how to love selflessly. Help us to love you and to love others selflessly. In your name, we pray. Amen.
- Interview your family members about what love means to them. Feel free to share your short video with me! email@example.com
- Go through your photo stream, and find photos that represent love.
- Color a picture or word that represents what love means to you.