FAITH AT HOME Club 56 – May 16 & 17
‘We Care Weekend’ is Here!
Join Nativity Students and Families this Saturday and Sunday 9 am- 1 pm for our Drive-Up/Drop off Donation for People Serving People.
Stay in your car, and we will collect your items from you. Our volunteers will be wearing masks and gloves and practicing social distancing.
- Similac® Powder Formula – New;
- Sudoku and Word find books
- Uno or Playing Cards & Games
- Granola bars
- Go-Go Squeez Packs
- Goldfish crackers – the 1.5 oz size (Snack Size)
- Coloring books and pens/pencils for adults
Exploring Spiritual Practices Together
(Each Week a New Practice)
Over the month of May we encourage families to explore different types of Spiritual Practices together.
Here is an introduction video to Spiritual Practices
(in case you haven’t watched it): https://youtu.be/d7lmZ5reDGw
Did you miss the first two weeks? You can check them out here:
Week 1: Mandalas- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DX4oDLivz9s
Week 2: Practicing Gratefulness- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNwh-SYukvk&t=10s
Week 3: Sacred Spaces
Personal Reflection Focus:
Once you have created your sacred space, take a moment, be silent and let your eyes focus on your altar, and let your thoughts reflect on the experience.
Take a big deep breath in and out- slowly and peacefully.
Reflection Questions to Discuss or Journal about:
- What do you consider to be a sacred space?
- Why did you choose the elements/items you did?
- How do you want to use this altar during the week?
- What did you like or not like about this exercise?
Calling All 6th Graders
During the 10th Grade Confirmation Retreat you will receive a letter you wrote to yourself in the 6th Grade. Now is the time to write that letter! 5th Graders, please use this as a journaling exercise and just have fun with it!
Let us know when it is completed so we don’t call and bug you!
Please Mail it to Kyle at 3312 Silver Lake Rd NE, St Anthony, MN 55418, or hold onto it and bring it to church in the future.
In your letter you can:
- Remind yourself why your faith is important to you.
- Tell yourself what you have learned from these strange times and how it can help you to stay positive.
- Remind yourself of some of your goals for the future.
- Give yourself some advice on making the most of life and enjoying it!
- End with a blessing or prayer.
Send us fun Ideas!
What are some of the creative ways you want to express yourself with Club 56? Tell us some of your ideas for fun art projects or interactive games and activities! Leah is organizing this for us; Text them to 651-472-4868 or email them to email@example.com.
Deuteronomy 6, 5-7: “5 Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. 6 These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. 7 Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up.”
~ Leah McDougall & Kyle Soderberg
Club 56 Youth Leaders