Yoga for you!
Nativity Yoga is Moving Inside
Starting Tuesdays, September 3rd, through May 26th – 6pm, in the “Gym”, room 123
Yoga has positive effects on: breathing, stress, strength, balance, flexibility
- Increases circulation – Range of motion movements in the feet, legs, knees, hips, shoulders and elbows help the general well-being and function of the heart.
- Aids heart and lung functions – The breathing techniques used in this approach are very effective for people with emphysema and asthma and aid in heart function.
- Improves mental clarity – Following the directions and guidance of a yoga teacher challenges the brain and supports the mind/body connection for better mental processing.
- Reduces aches and pains – Gentle movements lubricate and nourish the joints and connective tissue to ease the pain of arthritis and other neuromuscular conditions.
- Helps reduce stress and anxiety – Combining slow, rhythmic breathing with gentle movements helps to calm the nervous system, slow the mind and allow time for well-deserved peace and relaxation.
- This class is for any body! All poses can be modified to meet an individuals needs. A chair can be available for those who wish to sit.
More info: Nancy Karkula at 612-770-8856 or email@example.com