The “Connecting on Tuesdays” Book Group is here to read, discuss, and learn. Readers of all ages are welcome! We meet on the second and fourth Tuesdays of the month from 9:30-10:30 a.m. In that time we discuss the book together and close with prayer. Our next meeting will be Tuesday, November 16th, via Zoom.
We are currently reading TATTOOS ON THE HEART: THE POWER OF BOUNDLESS COMPASSION by Gregory Boyle. For twenty years, Gregory Boyle has run Homeboy Industries, a gang-intervention program located in the Boyle Heights neighborhood of Los Angeles, the gang capital of the world. In TATTOOS ON THE HEART he distills his experience working in the ghetto into a breathtaking series of parables inspired by faith.
Upcoming meeting dates:
- November: 16th & 30th via Zoom
- December: 14th In-person (no fourth Tuesday in December)
- January: 11th & 25th via Zoom
- February: 8th & 22nd via Zoom
Previous books this group has chosen:
- BOARDING SCHOOL SEASONS: AMERICAN INDIAN FAMILIES 1900-1940 by Brenda J. Child
- BEYOND MAGENTA: TRANSGENDER TEENS SPEAK OUT by Susan Kuklin
- THE LISTENING LIFE by Adam S. McHugh
- SO YOU WANT TO TALK ABOUT RACE by Ijeoma Oluo
- DEAR CHURCH by Lenny Duncan
For more information or to join our Zoom sessions, contact: Tori Setterholm at email@example.com