Teaching Kindness. Standing Together.
We Care Weekend
THIS WEEKEND! Saturday May 16th and Sunday 17th from 9: 00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Nativity Confirmation youth will host a “drive-up/drop-off” donation drive to benefit People Serving People and the families they serve during this time of isolation and Covid-19. This weekend has been well thought out and we will be following social distancing guidelines to ensure the health and safety of all are being met.
Contact Minster of Social Justice & Advocacy for CYF, Kelly Sherman-Conroy for more information. Kelly@nativitychurch.org
What items can be donated?: The items we are collecting are the items People Serving People are in most need of during this time of isolation and Covid-19 to help the families they serve.
Similac® Powder Formula – New;
Sudoku and Word find books
Uno or Cards
Go-Go Squeez Packs
Goldfish crackers – the 1.5 oz size
Coloring books and pens/pencils for adults
How do we donate?: When you arrive at the front door of Nativity, please stay in your vehicle. Please put the items to be donated in a paper/plastic bag before arrival. It is preferable to put the donations in your trunk or back seat so the volunteers can take them directly.
Can we make a monetary donation?: YES! If you would like to make a monetary donation, you can bring a check made out to Nativity Lutheran Church with PSP in the memo line. You can also go online to our WEBSITE and choose the many options to donate. Please mark that it is for We Care Weekend Donation.
Youth & Family Sign Up Instructions
HELP US FILL THE SPOTS WE NEED YOU! We need your help to make this a successful and safe event. You may not be able to serve side by side, however your act of kindness will be far reaching! We will also have a fun message board for the youth to leave messages for each other. They will be able to take photos with a special camera to post on the board.
1. Safety is first with this event. Only the youth signing up and the household they are quarantining with are allowed to be at the shift. Volunteers cannot share shifts with other volunteers.
2. Each shift is 1 hour long. With a 5-10 minute gap to switch shifts with social distancing safety procedures.
3. All volunteers will wear masks and gloves. We will provide unless they have a mask.
4. Special procedures will be followed (washing hands upon arrival and after. Wiping down sinks used before and when shift is done. etc)
5. No one but the volunteers are allowed in the church. Volunteers will only be in the church to wash hands.
6. People donating will not need to get out of their vehicles. They can put the items in the trunk or a bag and hand it off.
7. There will be a vehicle available to load the items directly and then they will be delivered directly to People Serving People on the same day. We will also have an approved Sanitizing Wand to use to sanitize all items coming in.
8. Kelly will be around during this time to help supervise.
9. Students and families can SIGN UP HERE for shifts:
10. Service and Learning Credit will be given for each shift covered by students.
Kindness of Abundance
Create a Giving Jar: this would be an excellent time to create a jar to raise funds from the change you find, for our donation drive:
People Serving People– the largest and most comprehensive emergency shelter for families experiencing homelessness in Minnesota and a dedicated leader in homelessness prevention.
How To Donate?- You can bring a check written out to Nativity Lutheran Church (in memo write PSP Donation).
Go to our website HERE to donate by PayPal; Simply Giving; or by Text!