What is the Nativity Council?
Nativity Council is the governing board for Nativity Lutheran Church. The Council is made up of the officers of the congregation, President, Vice President, Secretary and Treasurer, Senior Pastor and 4-6 members of Nativity identified as “members at large”. Terms of service are two year terms, with council members serving up to three terms (6 years). The Council focuses on vision for the future, defining budget to accomplish that vision and setting policy as needed to govern the vision. Nativity Council does not manage the day-to-day ministry of Nativity. Nativity Staff with the leadership of the Senior Pastor develop, implement and give oversight to the day-to-day ministries. Nativity Council has identified priorities and initiatives for 2018. Council meets 11 times a year and meetings last approximately 2 hours.
Nativity Council 2018
- Tom Wadell – President
- Keith Kendall – Vice President
- Sue Lyon – Secretary
- James Smith – Treasurer
- Rachel Dungca – Member at Large
- Stephanie (Goodsell) Neuberger – Member at Large
- Eric Mosvick – Member at Large
- Mary Peterson – Member at Large
- Lisa Blanksma – Member at Large
- Grant Wyffels – Member at Large
- Dan Tight – Member at Large